Health and Aging Policy Fellows Program
- The Health and Aging Policy Fellows Program is a unique opportunity for professionals in health and aging to receive the experience and skills necessary to make a positive contribution to the development and implementation of health policies that affect older Americans.
Study Examining Leisure-time Physical Activity of Young Adults with Visual or Mobility Impairments
- A study examining things that promote or impede the leisure-time physical activity of young adults with visual or mobility impairments is recruiting participants.
- AIMFREE manuals are a validated series of questionnaire measures that can be used by persons with mobility limitations and professionals (i.e., fitness and recreation center staff, and/or owners of fitness centers) to assess the accessibility of recreation and fitness facilities, including fitness centers and swimming pools.
Fitness Center Accessibility
- The purpose of the study is to gain an understanding of the current level of accessibility of fitness and recreation centers nationwide.
Health For Youth
- Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago are looking for assistance in recruiting parents and their children to participate in an internet-based survey on the health of children with disability.
Emerging Evidence in Inclusive Physical Activity for People with Disabilities
- Building Inclusive Physical Activity Communities for People with Vision Loss
- Rimmer, J.H. (2006). Building Inclusive Physical Activity Communities for People with Vision Loss. Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness, 100 (Special Supplement), 863-865.